Friday, July 21, 2017

Holy Spirit


blinded by your symmetry
such a friendly fool was me
what to believe and what to see
where to draw the border

minutes later seconds flat
walking with a dog named cat
is this where it's really at?
is life just some long foreplay?

holy spirit holy spirit holy spirit

I practiced in my father's chair
blowing smoke rings in the air
for all I know they're still up there
spinning in some vortex

it ranges over all the earth
breathing hot and giving birth
then they tell you what you're worth
but you're only getting older

holy spirit holy spirit holy spirit

sometimes at night I stay awake
wondering if I've got what it takes
to point the finger at the fakes
but then I just roll over

I let it all roll over
we let it all roll over.


No comments:

Post a Comment