Monday, January 04, 2016

Ghosts of the new year


This strange apparition appeared to me in a 16th century en-suite toilet almost on the stroke of midnight on the last day of what was known as 2015. I kept my cool. This was simply a result of imbibing large amounts of alcohol and beef as well as the loss of inhibitions due to the season. The ghostly time traveller / alien said very little. It just glowered from a floating position above the cistern. Naturally I appealed for world peace, general calm and scientific cooperation and any hard information on possible lottery outcomes in the near future. What he said I cannot repeat. That's because nothing was said but I think it's fair to say we had some level of rapport and understanding, at least for a short while. Funny thing is that as soon as I switched the light off he/she was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment