Saturday, April 07, 2012

Slightly peckish games

An actual Hunger Games wedding cake - not featured in the film.
Scoring a movie hat-trick this week, tonight it was Hunger Games at an actual living, breathing and coughing cinema. Probably the best of the three I've recently seen and one that proves that even with Dr Who level production values and a design concept looking like Tim Burton on a bad day you can make a watchable film that makes $s. Having dodged the book (along with many others) I'd no idea what to expect but quickly understood the numerous allegorical, feminist and social commentary points that have been made. They are all there clearly enough if you want to get bogged down it them, I don't, I like to be entertained and I was  and I did get a proper fright at one action packed moment as well, that's unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment